Doddridge County, West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Doddridge County West Virginia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Doddridge County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
|Founded||February 4, 1845|
|County Seat||West Union|
|Address|| Doddridge County Courthouse|
118 East Court Street
West Union, WV 26456
Doddridge County Website
County Clerk has bird and death records from 1853
Marriage probate land records from 1845
For animated maps illustrating West Virginia county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation West Virginia County Boundary Maps" (1617-1995) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
For a list of record loss in West Virginia counties see: West Virginia Counties with Burned Courthouses
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Doddridge County, West Virginia census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Join us in indexing the 1940 Census
Online West Virginia Tax site
West Virginia real and personal property tax records are managed by the County Assessor in each county. Land and land improvements are considered real property while mobile property is classified as personal property.
Many County Assessors offer an online searchable database, where assessment record searches can be performed by name, account number, year, or mp/parcel number. Where online records are not available, requests for records can be made to the Assessment Office in person, by phone, or in writing.
The search for tax information can start here
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Doddridge County, WV History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- West Virginia Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- West Virginia Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Doddridge County, West Virginia. Page 743.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 31 March 2014, at 22:35.
- This page has been accessed 7,830 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback