Doylestown Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Doylestown Family History Center (FHC) is a branch of FamilySearch and the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah. Its goal is to provide resources to assist you in the research and study of your genealogy and family history by:
- Giving personal one-on-one assistance
- Providing access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program
- Offering free how-to classes
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1255 Ferry Road, Doylestown PA 18901 United States
- Corner of Ferry and Chapman (not North Chapman). The entrance to the parking lot is on Chapman. The entrance to the center is on the southwest side of the building, i.e., around the back.
Short url to this page:
Open Hours: Wednesdays 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.; Saturdays 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Closed on the Following Dates: April 4, 2015 (LDS General Conference); May 23, 2015 (Family Discovery Day in Philadelphia); June 6, 2015; July 4, 2015 (Independence Day); August 19, 2015; September 5, 2014 (Labor Day Weekend); October 3, 2015 (LDS General Conference); December 26, 2015 (Christmas).
Weather closures: We will be closed in case of inclement weather. Check here and on our Facebook page for announcements about closures.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These websites include:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- ArkivDigital Online
- Find My Past
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- We have three computers available for public use, seven microfilm/microfiche readers, and a scanner/printer.
- Due to ongoing system upgrades, our microfilm copier is not currently available, so please bring a camera or smartphone to take pictures of the images you need from microfilm.
- Pennsylvania Family History
- Philadelphia Family History
- Philadelphia County Family History
- Bucks County Family History
- Montgomery County Family History
Resources in the Local Area
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Mercer Museum Library
- Bucks County Genealogical Society
- Historic Doylestown Cemetery
- Historical Society of Montgomery County
- Mennonite Heritage Center
Adding details to a FHC page article.
- This page was last modified on 2 August 2015, at 19:35.
- This page has been accessed 3,012 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News