Drayton, WestEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
DRAYTON (West), a parish in Uxbridge district, Middlesex; on the river Colne, the Grand Junction canal, and the Great Western railway, at the boundary with Bucks, 3 miles S of Uxbridge. It has a station on the railway, and a post office‡ under Uxbridge. Acres, 850. Real property, £4, 844. Pop., 951. Houses, 179. The manor belonged to the Dean and Chapter of St. Pauls; was given by Henry VIII. to the Pagets; and passed to the De Burghs. Much of the land is disposed in market and fruit gardens. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London; and, till 1868, was annexed to Harmondsworth. Value and patron, not reported. The church is a Norman structure, with an embattled tower; and has an octagonal figured font, and some monuments. There are a national school, and charities £18.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales(1870-72))
- This page was last modified on 23 December 2011, at 14:34.
- This page has been accessed 511 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News