Dubuque Iowa Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Dubuque Family History Center services communities in and around the Dubuque County area including Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, and Clayton Counties in Iowa as well as Grant County, Wisconsin, and Jo Daviess County, Illinois.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 685 Fremont Ave Dubuque IA 52003 United States
- The entrance on west side of building is open during hours of operation.
- 1 563-583-6851
Family History Center Director:
- Director, Steven N. Eastvedt - 1 563-588-0746 or Email at DBQFamHx@aol.com
- Assistant Director, Maxine A. Eastvedt
- Tue 9:00am-3:00pm
- Wed 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Sat 9:00am-12:00pm
- Closed The Wednesday before and the Saturday after Thanksgiving
- Closed December 20th - January 3rd for Christmas
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events (All Events are Free of Charge)
- Dubuque Family History Conference: Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Family History Center Workshop: .
- Family History Classes at Carnegie-Stout Public Library: (Taught by Dubuque FHC Staff) 6:30 PM - 7:45 PM Thursday evenings March-April 2015
Staff Training Meetings
- Dubuque Family History Center Staff Meetings & Training on 4th Thursdays from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- The Dubuque Family History Center has the entire Dubuque County-Key City Genealogical Society Collection of Family Histories and Local Records digitized and available to browse on the computer network in the Dubuque Family History Center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- There are five networked computers connected to the internet for doing personal research, two microfilm viewers, one microfiche viewer, and one Canon digital imaging device for creating printed copies or image files to be placed on your CD or flash drive.
- Dubuque Family History Center Staff are available for group presentations and for individual consultation. Requests can be made at the Family History Center or via email at DBQFamHx@aol.com.
Staff Research Specialties
- Staff members have some experience with reseach in Norway, Germany, Belgium, Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.
- Additionally, we have staff members who are very proficient in using Ancestry.com and Roots Magic.
- Staff members are also proficient with the various tools availble in FamilySearch.
Resources in the Local Area
- The entire Dubuque County-Key City Genealogical Society Collecion has been donated to the Dubuque Family History Center and has been digitized for browsing on the computer network at the Family History Center.
- The Center for Dubuque History, Loras College http://www.loras.edu/About-Loras/History/Center-for-Dubuque-History.aspx
- The Dubuque County-Key City Genealogical Society http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~iadckcgs/
- Genealogy & Local History @ Carnegie-Stout Public Library https://www.dubuque.lib.ia.us/index.aspx?nid=84
Volunteer at the Center
- Please contact the Dubuque Family History Center Staff if you would like to particpate in Indexing or would like to teach a class at one of our workshops or cenferences. You may speak to a staff member or you may email us at DBQFamHx@aol.com.
- This page was last modified on 31 March 2015, at 02:19.
- This page has been accessed 2,922 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News