Duluth Minnesota Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Sevice Area: The Duluth Minnesota Family History Center is a center staffed by volunteers and serves an area, by patron sign in, from as far north as the Canadian Border to far south as Askov, Minnesota, as far west as Carlton, Minnesota and as far east as the Upper Pennisula of Michigan.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 521 Upham Rd, Duluth, MN, USA 55811-5534
- Language: English
Closed during the month of August until 29 August 2105. Usual hours will resume.
- Wednesday: 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed Major Holidays and Conference Weekends: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day, New Years Day, Independance Day, General and Stake Conference
Calendar and Events
General Classes will be offered to members the LAST HALF each month, see announcements in bulletin.
General Classes will be offered to non-members by appointment in the Family History Center.
Staff Training Meetings
Staff Meetings/Classes are offered the FIRST HALF each month, check your e-mail and bulletin.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- The Duluth Family History Library has Microsoft based computers connected to the internet, capable of reading PAF files and creating PDF files of the documents to be read on Microsoft or IOS machines.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
The Duluth Minnesota Family History Center is always looking for volunteers to staff the center. You must be able to use a computer and understand the software commonly used to help beginners start and continue to find family members. You must have a good grasp of Family Search and be able to use microfilm and microfiche equipment, as well as understand the hard copy information available in the library.
- This page was last modified on 29 July 2015, at 11:13.
- This page has been accessed 1,522 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News