Dunchurch, Warwickshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Rugby|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1662|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory) Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Dunchurch, is a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Rugby district, Warwickshire. The village ;is on the eastern verge of the county, near Dunsmoor, and near the Rugby and Warwick railway, it is 3¼ miles SSW of Rugby; the post office is under Rugby. The parish includes the hamlets of Toft and Cawston, and the township of Thurlaston.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Dunchurch, Warwickshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (Ancestry) - (£).|
|Dunchurch, Warwickshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464176.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- Logbooks for the boys school 1881-1944
- Logbooks for the girls school 1872-1924
- Logbooks for the infants school 1899-1908
- Admission Registers for the boys school 1851-1883
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72). Adapted. Accessed November 19, 2013.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812,', Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2014.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 1 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 26 August 2014.
- This page was last modified on 5 May 2015, at 14:44.
- This page has been accessed 2,213 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News