East & West Flegg Poor Law Union, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Records of the East and West Flegg Poor Law Union
Norfolk Record Office reference C/GP 7
Extent 36 pieces
This union was incorporated under the terms of An act for the better relief and employment of the poor within the hundreds of East and West Flegg, 15 Geo III, cap. 13., 1775. A House of Industry was erected at Rollesby in the following year and was subsequently enlarged in 1818 and 1834. According to White's Directory of Norfolk, 1845 "The dietary system now in use has been introduced by the Poor Law Commissioners who have here no further authority than the New Poor Law gives them in similar incorporations". East and West Flegg Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 3 in 1930.
Acquisition Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 19 November 1968 (C/GP 7/2) and on an unknown date.
Copies C/GP7/1-11 are available on microform.
RelatedMaterial For records of this body (including administration of Lingwood Public Assistance Institution and boarding-out of children), see C/GC 3.
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2016, at 20:35.
- This page has been accessed 882 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News