East Chelborough, Dorset GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to East Chelborough, Dorset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|East Chelborough, Dorset|
|Poor Law Union||Beaminster|
|Parish registers: 1682|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1733|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Dorset|
|Location of Archive|
|Dorset Record Office|
CHELBOROUGH (East), or Luccombe, a parish in Beaminster district, Dorset; on the Roman road from Dorchester, at the verge of the county, 3½ miles WSW of Yetminster railway station, and 6½ NE of Beaminster..
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
East Chelborough, Dorset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|East Chelborough, Dorset Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241339.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Dorset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, published 1870-72. Date accessed: 06 July 2103.
- ↑ Dorset, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- ↑ Dorset, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Partially indexed.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 5 July 2012.
- ↑ Dorset Coverage in FreeReg, FreeREG, accessed 21 May 2012.
- ↑ 'Search Marriage Records in Dorset,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 9 June 2012.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- ↑ 'Dorset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 10 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 9 January 2016, at 03:28.
- This page has been accessed 3,117 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News