East Ham, Essex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to East Ham, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|East Ham, Essex|
East Ham - Church of St Mary Magdalene
|Poor Law Union||West Ham PLU|
|Registration District||West Ham|
|Parish registers: 1696|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1639; 1800|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
East Ham also known as Ham, East (St. Mary Magdalene), is a parish, in the union of West Ham, the hundred of Becontree, southern division of Essex, it is 6 miles E from London. There is a Lady chapel as well as a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
East Ham, Essex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|East Ham, Essex Genealogy Online Parish Records|
St Mary Magdalene
High St South
Burials 1700-1960: ERO
Baptisms 1960- date
Marriages 1982- date
Burials 1960-1975: Not deposited
Marriages 1946-1952: ERO
Marriages 1903-1977: ERO
Baptisms 1952- date
Marriages 1977- date: Not deposited
St George and St Ethelbert
Marriages 1924-1967: ERO
Baptisms 1955- date
Marriages 1967- date: Not deposited
St John the Baptist
High Street North
Marriages 1871-1902: ERO
St Michael and All Angels
Marriages 1924-1941: ERO
Baptisms 1924- date
Marriages 1925- date: Not deposited
Primitive Methodist Chapel
High St. South
Marriages 1913-1940: ERO
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel
Baptisms 1893-1904: ERO
- Lady chapel
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241361.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex ($)
East Ham on GENUKI
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England Wales, (1870) Adapted: Date Accessed 17 May 2013
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011.
- ↑ 'Boyd's London Burials Index - places and counts,' Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes adult male burials only.
- ↑ Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 3 March 2012.
- ↑ 'England, Essex Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records),' FamilySearch, accessed 2 September 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 15 May 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Essex,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 15 May 2012.
- This page was last modified on 3 April 2015, at 18:33.
- This page has been accessed 7,190 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More