Edeyrn, Gwynedd GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Alternately spelled Edern or Edyrn; "a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the coast, 3 miles W by S of Nevin, and 8 WNW of Pwllheli r. station. It includes Porth Din-Llyn and Garswylld village, and has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 1, 380; of which 20 are water. Real property. £1, 814. Pop., 613. Houses, 145. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Carngiwch. and Pistill, in the diocese of Bangor. Valne, £362.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and charities £7." (John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
For more information see Edeyrn, Caernarvonshire at genuki.org.uk
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:33.
- This page has been accessed 377 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News