El Paso Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We have an active and informed staff available to help you locate deceased ancestors.
Individual training and assistance is available during all hours of operation.
Group presentations and instruction can be accomodated.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 1212 Sumac Dr El Paso TX 79925 United States
- (Link to map using Google
Phone: 1 915-799-9516 cell
- Tuesday 10am - 3pm and 6pm - 9pm
- Wednesday 10am - 3pm and 6pm - 9pm
- Thursday 6pm - 9pm
- Friday 6pm -9pm
- Closed Thanksgiving week
- Closed the last 2 weeks in December (Christmas and New Years)
- Closed for General Conference
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule: Indexing assistance/training on 4th Thursday each month
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to receive and view any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Some localized books and family history stories are available.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Eight Family History Computers are available with access to the Premium Genealogy packages on the FHC Portal.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 10 April 2015, at 04:31.
- This page has been accessed 861 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More