El Salvador HistoryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
El Salvador El Salvador History
From the European settlement of Central America in the 1500's until 1821, the El Salvador area pertained to the Spanish crown. In 1821, Spanish rule ceased and the Federal Republic of Central America began governing the areas of El Salvador, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. After that government dissolved in 1841, El Salvador became an independent country. Its boundaries today closely reflect those of the early 20th century.
- English wikipedia entry on history of El Salvador
- Spanish wikipedia article on history of El Salvador
- "History of El Salvador" from Princeton
- "Central American Union," an article in "The Hispanic American Historical Review," (beginning on page 30), a Google eBook, published in 1922
- "Nociones de Historia del Salvador, precedidas de un Resumen de Historia Universal," with history of El Salvador beginning on page 185, a Google eBook, published 1910
- This page was last modified on 20 October 2015, at 01:53.
- This page has been accessed 823 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News