England, Manchester Central Library (Lancashire, Cheshire, and Yorkshire) Church of England Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: The Lancashire, Leigh (St Mary) records indicate baptism, marriages and burials are included. However, most do not include them all. Where are the rest?
Answer #1: Although the links for all Leigh (St Mary) record sets indicate that they include baptism, marriage, and burial records, only the 1661-1744 collection includes all three Record Types. Records included in each set are as follows:
- Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1661-1724 includes only burials.
- Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1724-1744 includes christenings, marriages, and burials.
- Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1744-1781 includes christenings up to Image #245, and burials from Image #246-373.
- Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1782-1797 includes christenings up to Image #180, and burials from Image #181-201.
Question #2: The records in Lancashire > Bury (St. Mary) > Baptisms, Burials, 1813-1820 do not match the description. Where are the remaining records?
Answer #2: The records are mislabeled. It should read Lancashire > Bury (St. Mary) > Baptisms, 1813-1817 and then another group Lancashire > Bury (St John) > Baptisms, 1813-1820
Question #3: Where are the marriages in Lancashire > Bury > Baptism, Marriages, Burials 1782-1799?
Answer #3: The records are mislabeled. There are no marriages in this group of records.
Question #4: Are some Lancashire records missing or out of order?
Answer #4: Some records are missing or out of order in the following collections. Missing records are not available on microfilm.
- Lancashire, Harpurhey (Christ Church), Burials 1897 to 1900: The image of Page 61 (burial record numbers 481-488) is missing.
- Lancashire, Great Lever (St Bartholomew), Baptisms, 1879-1899: The image of Page 7 (baptism record numbers 49-56) is missing, and Pages 1-30 are not in sequence.
- Lancaster>Hollinwood (St Margaret)>Baptisms 1826-1836. Images of pages 121, 122, 123,124, 129, 130, 131, 132, 141, 142, 143, 144 are missing
- Lancashire> Castleton Moor (St Martin)>Marriages, 1890-1911> Page 65 is missing
- Lancashire > Chadderton (St Matthew) > Marriages, 1872-1877 Page 248 is missing
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
• If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
• If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: England, Lancashire, Ches...rish Registers, 1603-1910 > Lancashire > Harpurhey (St Stephen) > Marriages, 1901-1905 > Image 20 of 50
• If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the England, Manchester Central Library (Lancashire, Cheshire, and Yorkshire) Church of England Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page
Return to the England, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, Parish Registers, 1603-1910 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 8 March 2015, at 23:39.
- This page has been accessed 1,044 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News