England, Norfolk, Archdeacon's Transcripts (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1. Are some records not correctly matched with their source parish?
Answer #1: There are known problems as follows:
- Some records have been attributed to the wrong parish;
- The source parish for some records may not be listed among Norfolk parishes;
- A parish that is not the source of any records in the collection may be wrongly listed among Norfolk parishes.
The following lists the records not correctly matched with their source parish.
- Thurlton > 1731-1812 > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials included with the Thurlton Parish collection are actually Thurton Parish records. In the future, Thurton will be listed among Norfolk parishes, and its records linked to it.
- Caistor St. Edmonds > 1600-1812 > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials included with the Caistor St. Edmonds Parish collection are actually Caistor Parish records. (Caistor Parish is sometimes referred to on these records as “Caister Next Yarmouth” and “Caister Next Great Yarmouth.”) In the future, Caistor will be listed among Norfolk parishes, and its records linked to it.
- South Lynn > 1600-1812 > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials included for South Lynn Parish are actually Little Massingham records. There are no South Lynn Parish records in the Norfolk Archdeacon’s Transcripts collection. In the future, the parish name “South Lynn” will be replaced by “Little Massingham.”
Question #2. Is there a list of Parish collections that are misspelled or that have missing or duplicate images.
Answer #2: Parish collections that are misspelled or that have missing or duplicate images:
- Bunwell > 1725-1812 > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials. The records from Mar 1792-Mar 1794 were either not filmed or are missing from the source documents.
- Scoulton > 1602-1812 > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials: Image 57 of 88 is a duplicate of Image 56 and are records for 1780. Records for 1781 are missing.
- Grimingham with Trunch > 1725-1811 > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials: Grimingham should be written Gimingham
Question #3: Where are the records for Norfolk > Wood-Dalling > 1601-1812 > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials for the period of Easter 1787 to Easter 1788?
Answer #3: The Easter 1787 to Easter 1788 records for Wood-Dalling are misplaced and are located at Norfolk > Sparham > 1601-1812 > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials > Image 65 of 98.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812 > Norfolk > Acle > 1600-1814 > Baptisms, Marriages, Burials > Image 1 of 180
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the England, Norfolk, Archdeacon's Transcripts (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 10 February 2015, at 02:01.
- This page has been accessed 1,517 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More