England and Wales Census, 1871 (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: The Record Description in wiki says the 1871 population was 26,072,036, and the collection is 55% complete. According to the Historical Records Collections page, as of 5 May 2012, there are only 3,033,106 records published. Where are the remaining records?
Answer #1: The record count shown on the “Historical Records Page” is based on the number of households, not the number of individuals.
Question #2: There are instances where I cannot see the images before or after the image attached to a record. How can I see the other images?
Answer #2: Images are being added as they become available. Sometimes the browse path is not loaded even though the image is there. This problem should be corrected as the collection is updated.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: England and Wales Census, 1871 > 004016758 > Image 20 of 302.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the England and Wales Census, 1871 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the England and Wales Census, 1871 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 10 February 2015, at 01:36.
- This page has been accessed 1,273 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News