English Bicknor, Gloucestershire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to English Bicknor, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|English Bicknor, Gloucestershire|
|Poor Law Union||Monmouth PLU|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1586|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Hereford Post 1541- Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
BICKNOR, ENGLISH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Monmouth, hundred of St. Briavells, W.division of the county of Gloucester, 3 miles (N.) from Coleford. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
English Bicknor, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FHSO = FHSOnline - (£)|
|English Bicknor, Gloucestershire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288776.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis , A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 233-237. Date accessed: 31 December 2012.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
- This page was last modified on 2 March 2015, at 23:58.
- This page has been accessed 1,592 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More