Essex Probate Jurisdictions, Parishes O-REdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is the list of Essex parishes beginning with the letters O through R, with the probate courts that had jurisdiction over each. They should be searched in the order listed.
To go to the list for another letter, click on a letter:
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. The last court to search is the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 14 August 2009, at 21:11.
- This page has been accessed 756 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More