Fairfield, Utah LDS Wards and BranchesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Fairfield is a very small village near the center of Cedar Valley in western Utah County. Although it is predominantly, it has only periodically had its own congregation.
Church Units and Boundaries
Fairfield, Utah LDS Wards and Branches:
- Stake(s): Utah Stake (1853-1901), Alpine Stake (1901-1928), Lehi Stake (1928-)
- Boundary: the branch/ward included the village of Fairfield along with all of central and southern Cedar Valley. The location of the northern boundary with Cedar Valley Ward and the northwestern boundary with Mercur Ward (1900-1916) are uncertain.
Obtain the Records
- List of branch records and ward records. of Fairfield, Utah LDS Wards and Branches in the FamilySearch Library.
- List of branch/ward records at the Church History Library, catalogued under LR 2756
- Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p 240-241.
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
History Timeline to 1941
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- 1850s: when Fairfield was originally settled, it was part of the Cedar Valley Ward
- 1860s: when the U.S. Army left Camp Floyd, more Mormons moved into the area and the Fairfield Branch was organized as a dependent branch of Cedar Valley Ward.
- 18 May 1923: Fairfield Ward is organized
- about 1930: Fairfield is reorganized as a branch
- This page was last modified on 18 October 2015, at 17:01.
- This page has been accessed 873 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News