FamilySearch Family Tree Top 5 TipsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- There is no guarantee that the information in Family Tree is accurate. Data comes from many sources, and anyone can edit the information in Family Tree. It is your responsibility to verify names, dates, places, and family relationships, and to provide sources when available.
- To find an individual in Family Tree, click Find in the top menu. To find a Historical Record, click Search in the top menu or click Search Records on an individual’s person page.
- On the Tree page: To view or edit an individual’s details, click the name to display the individual’s summary card. Then click Person or click the person’s name.
- On the Tree page: You can move the tree by clicking and dragging the page (similar to Google Maps). You can also use the up, down, left and right arrows on your keyboard.
- On the Tree page: To view a couple’s children, hover over their box and then click the Children tab that appears beneath it.
All FamilySearch Family Tree Tips Pages
- Top 5 Tips (You are here)
- Search Tips and Tricks
- Tips for the Tree View Page
- Tips for the Person Page
- Tips for Adding Sources
- This page was last modified on 17 June 2014, at 18:12.
- This page has been accessed 963 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News