What to Remember as You Index This Project
- Index only the front side of each naturalization index card.
- The naturalization index cards are in alphabetical order by surname.
- If an individual’s name is listed on the naturalization card with various spellings, include all variants, separating each with the word “or.”
For example, if a name was written as Georgios (George), Joseph Broski, Joseph Browzowski, or Joseph Brzozowski you would index the name fields as follows:
Given Name: Georgios or George
Surname: Broski or Brozowski or Brzozowski
Number of Records per Image
- The data entry area of the indexing screen is set at one record per image. If your batch includes images with more than one record, you will need to add enough entry records to match the number of records on the image. To add entry records:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image....
- Click in the Number of records box, and type the number of records on the image.
- Click OK.
Highlights and the Ruler
- Because of the many different forms found in this project, highlights are not available. You may use the ruler instead to follow a record across an image.
- If you choose to use the ruler, please be aware that the ruler is not anchored to the indexing screen and does not automatically move as you move to a new entry. To use the ruler:
- On the menu bar, click View.
- Select Show Ruler.
This page was last modified on 30 June 2011, at 00:31.
This page has been accessed 1,120 times.