FamilySearch Indexing: Australia, Queensland—Cemetery Records, 1811–1985, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
- Although this project contains many intermediate-level records, it also contains many records that are at the beginning level.
Characteristics and Description
- Only records with death information are to be indexed in this project.
- The project includes cemetery registers, cemetery index cards, obituaries, and death records.
- Most records are cemetery cards.
- The batch size varies, depending on the type of record, from one image per batch for cemetery registers up to 20 images for index cards.
- Each image contains up to 40 death records.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field Helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- Basic indexing instructions (for all projects)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progress
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2012, at 17:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,111 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News