FamilySearch Indexing: Canada, New Brunswick—Provincial Marriages, 1789–1950, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and system features. Although the project is an intermediate project, many batches are at the beginning level.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are marriage records.
- Most of the records were handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Most forms are either marriage certificates or marriage licenses.
- Each batch includes 10 images.
- Each image usually contains just one record.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- No restrictions are associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
- This page was last modified on 27 June 2012, at 04:49.
- This page has been accessed 946 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More