FamilySearch Indexing: Philippines, Albay, Legazpi City—Civil Registration 1946–1980, Project UpdatesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|WIKI MESSAGE BOX||
Recent changes to the "How To" library include a new presentation on how to index overlays. View There is a link to the "How To" library on each project update page.
What to Do When a Register Spans Two Images
- Some birth, marriage, and death registers span two images. Some of the parents' information was often recorded on the second image, with the information about the principal person on the first image.
- If an image does not include the name of a principal person, don't index it. The information will be indexed as part of the previous image. Mark the second image as a No Extractable Data Image.
- If information regarding the principal person or the event continues to the next image, index the entire record, including relevant information that continues to the next image. (View the next image while continuing to index information in the data entry fields for the current image.)
Click here for an example and more information.
- This page was last modified on 28 November 2013, at 00:00.
- This page has been accessed 4,212 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News