FamilySearch Indexing: US—1890 Census of Union Veterans & Widows, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- This project is to index an 1890 census of surviving Union veterans and their widows.
- The records are handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Batches contain one image each.
- Each image is of a census page, which contains up to 14 names.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progress
- No restrictions are associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2012, at 23:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,598 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News