FamilySearch Indexing: US—Registers of U.S. Army, 1798-1913, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- All records are registers of enlistment in the U.S. Army from 1798 to 1913.
- The registers are handwritten on handwritten or printed forms, but the location of information on the forms varies over time.
- Each batch includes one image, and each image has 40 entry lines.
Description of the Records
- The records were handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each image has 40 entry lines.
- Project-specific indexing instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing instructions (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progess
- This page was last modified on 5 February 2012, at 03:00.
- This page has been accessed 1,213 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News