FamilySearch Indexing: US, California—Great (Voting) Registers, 1866–1910, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Great Voting Register—Sample 1
- Great Voting Register—Sample 2
- Great Voting Register—Sample 3
- Great Voting Register—Sample 4
- Great Voting Register—Sample 5
- Great Voting Register—How to index
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- The project includes voting registers for the state of California.
- The records were made on preprinted forms. Most were typed or printed, but some were handwritten.
- Batches contain one image each.
- Each image usually has 100 to 150 records on it.
- Many images include two pages.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progress
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will not be accessible.
- This page was last modified on 5 February 2012, at 00:05.
- This page has been accessed 1,383 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News