FamilySearch Indexing: US, California, San Joaquin County—Obituary Index File, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project is an index of obituary information on cards.
- Some cards have typed information only, some cards have a newspaper clipping of an obituary, and some cards have typed information and a newspaper clipping of the obituary.
- Most cards include the date the obituary was published in a newspaper.
- Each batch contains up to 25 images.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project Updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progess
- This page was last modified on 29 August 2014, at 18:55.
- This page has been accessed 448 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News