FamilySearch Indexing: US, Illinois, Chicago—Catholic Church Records, 1833–1910, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This project includes three types of records:
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and a variety of old handwriting styles.
- Since many of the forms are in Latin, it will be helpful if you are familiar with basic Latin terms.
- Although many of the images in this project are at the advanced level, many others are at the intermediate level.
Characteristics and Description
- This project includes church registers from many parishes in the Chicago diocese.
- The records were either handwritten or typed, and many were written on forms preprinted in Latin.
- Each batch generally has one to two images, with up to 50 records per image.
- Images may have either one or two pages
- No highlights are available for this project.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- Basic indexing instructions (for all projects)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progess
- When this project is published, the images may be viewed by registered users only.
- This page was last modified on 29 August 2014, at 18:58.
- This page has been accessed 1,010 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More