FamilySearch Indexing: US, West Virginia—Births, 1852-1910, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project involves certificates of birth and delayed certificates of birth.
- You may see other types of records, such as witness certifications, clerk certifications, or affidavits, that were included with the documents filmed. Index only the certificates of birth and the delayed certificates of birth. Do not index any of the other documents. Mark them as a No Extractable Data Image.
- Records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- Batches usually have 20 images.
- Each image generally has just one record.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- Basic indexing instructions (for all projects)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progress
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
- This page was last modified on 5 February 2012, at 22:57.
- This page has been accessed 338 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More