FamilySearch Wiki:Community Discussions and ProposalsEdit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

Idea.jpg
The Wiki Contributors Meeting is held on Thursdays at 1:00 PM (MTN) Frequently, there are discussions about ideas that could be implemented and possibly evolve into projects, but no resolution is reached. Those proposals will be listed here and they will be updated as needed, so that they will not be forgotten.





FamilySearch Wiki - Contributor's Meeting


Initial
Date


Discussions, Proposals, Follow-up


Status


Final
Date

Insert most recent at the top of list
(Priority/Decisions)












11 Sept 2014
the search engine is better or worse depending on the category
Special:Special Pages will show the categories available

11 Sept 2014
Help Articles are there to help you in your work
To understand how to set your preferences go to Help:Preferences

11 Sept 2014
Collect suggestions for future Guest Speakers
Changed Community News text from "weekly" to "periodically" (Jim).

Possible speaker after joint meeting of Governance and Community Councils?



Active agenda items should be posted in the table above. Only the table above will be transcluded to the meeting agenda pages. Once concluded the item should be moved to the archive section below (most recent at the top). Please add completion date and status notes.

ARCHIVED - Contributor's Meeting


Initial
Date


Discussions, Proposals, Follow-up


Status


Final
Date

Insert most recent at the top of list
(Priority/Decisions)
























The data below was recorded in the original table format.

Date of Discussion Title Priority Decision
11Sept 2014
http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx
National Association of Counties
11 Sep 2014
16 Oct 2014
Finalize and establish the protection Policy for the wiki User:SuperGenealogist/Sandbox_5
Assigned first to Community Council then will go forward to Governance Council

11 Sep 2014
Follow-up with Adopter regarding assistance given and offering additional assistance
Is there currently a Google doc to keep track of Moderators and or Adopters?
Contacted via e-mail/LaVera will continue contacting new Moderators/Adopters to determine if they need assistance and/or a mentor
26 Feb 2015
Feb 7 2013 Surname Project Low Tabled to a later date: no owner, requires change to core purpose
Feb 7 2013; March 7 SEO Experiment Medium In discussion & testing
January 17 2013 Moderators - Add "to do" page for Moderators Medium Needs to be re-visited
Feb 14 2013; Feb 21 Tabs - New tabs forced when there are links for FS.org so you don't lose where you are in the wiki. David will talk to people who could help; Steve tried a template Complicated?
Feb 21 2013; March 7 News and events - Seldom updated: Council suggested wiki should direct users to better sources rather than add "news" in Wiki  ? Danielle will work with Marilyn Markham
Feb 18 2013 Catalog (FHLC) is supposed to be included in Worldcat Info Check in a few months
Feb 28 2013 Welcome message on Talk pages - Volunteers to help craft a new message High Steve?
Feb 28 2013 Featured Articles - issue with the message  ? Janell will talk to them about changing the verbage
Mar 14 2013 Video going out to Family History directors about enhancements to FamilySearch.org Info None
March 7 2013 Linking, rather than bulk copy and paste  ?  ?
  • This page was last modified on 26 February 2015, at 18:35.
  • This page has been accessed 894 times.