FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 10 Apr 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
- Benjamin Fuller here for Historical Records
Kudos go to ...
- Sandra Pond for work on categories
Updates and follow up
- Consider change to "Community" label for the menu on the right - what do you think about "Editing in the Wiki"? Other ideas? -- janellv 18:34, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
- Suggestion: Working in the Wiki; Contributors' Community; Things to do; Wiki Workers; Wiki Writers;Community Volunteers; Wiki Neighborhood
- Vote next week - talk to researchers this week and ask what they would expect to see when looking for help
- We need to vote on this one today.
- Vote results -
- Results and suggestions should go to the Useability team for input on what people will be searching for - Janell will talk to Tyson and Blair Keddington
- Building the Wiki - 10 votes out of 14
- Widgets - update - Jane and anyone else involved with this one
- Wiki page - FamilySearch Wiki Widget
- Namespace needs to be changed
- Discussion ensued regarding using "Research Wiki" on the page or just "FamilySearch Wiki".
- Style Guide should reflect common words used in Research (SCO) - Lise is getting some information.
Moderators and Adopters
First meeting of the month focus
- Discussion about implementing duties from Forums.
- Message that went to Moderators - if it offended anyone, we apologize.
Style Guide Discussions
Project Help Requests
- Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:
Improve the Wiki
- State topics Blitz. You may have noticed that many state topics pages are being edited. The 1940 Census landing pages are advertizing U.S. state topic Wiki pages (example: California (see right side bar "California Research Topics" and "FamilySearch Wiki Articles"). This could be very good and give the Wiki lots of exposure!
- Staff at the Family History Library are frantically (we weren't forewarned this was coming :) ) trying to make sure all these pages are presentable. Things we're trying to fix include: (1) dead links, (2) outdated information, (3) reducing oversized images, and (4) repairing reference errors. Volunteers are welcome to help. To sign up for a state to work on, visit State Pages Blitz Progress Chart on Google Docs. Contact me if you have any questions: Danielle Batson.
Given the above, should the page for Hamilton County Ohio here look like this? Has all the resources as clickable anchor links to a second page with those. If so, it isn't as clear as it should be I think that you go to another page for the categories, which are clickable headers.
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2015, at 01:42.
- This page has been accessed 409 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More