FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 10 April 2014Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WebEx ID: 990 733 804; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to
Updates and follow up
'Discussions on Yammer"
- Yammer will be used for now until Salesforce is up and running for us.
- Warren will monitor Yammer and if he sees a need in the engineering department, only then will he attend this meeting.
- Previous meeting summary was posted on Yammer - that will continue.
Communicate through Yammer during the week to keep this meeting within the hour timeslot
Wiki Support Update Charles has one lesson to go (of 7). He will then start the class again on HTML. Prior to the class, feel free to review the lessons. Search for HTML in our Wiki search box and the lessons come right up. They start very basic and conclude with being able to produce your own web page.
Followup of what went on this week:
- Wilma- Yammer allowing much more feedback, which is great. Very preferable to have multiple voices chiming in and the fact that the suggestions are written down helps to keep track of what the suggestions are. Makes for meeting like this one to be more focused.
- Our right sidebar has a change in the [current] grey box. (We don't like the color but we are dealing with it). "WE WANT YOUR OPINION" - some verbage suggestions, ie - we know it's feedback for two states, but for the average use, that could seem confusing. Also "click here" is not very friendly - perhaps change to -Opinions Wanted. or Give Feedback
Joy Bogar's photos for main page - are being worked on. The chick/egg needs to be more distinct and the binocular boy needs a better outline (not so noticeable).
Main page discussion Finding my Family - discussion: needs various levels - i.e. Beginner, intermediate, advanced
Illinois pages: Lise brought up the Topics sidebar on the right. Discussion followed regarding scroll-able table, Charles showed tab/hover capability we don't have here on the Wiki at this time. Link discussion - currently four places on same page takes you to same place. Tab to county, clickable map, Illinois links and go to county in script. PLEASE ask FS User Testing group to see which clicks are used the most.
Catagories - ugg. Too many.
Projects - we need to move beyond discussion and into action. We have
- Format Issues
- Content Issues
- Visual Issues
There is a need to fix our project pages too. Pages are seriously out of date
Summary for Yammer:
- Change in Grey box on right sidebar
- FS User testing of Illinois pages (to link) and Grey opinion box
- Invite others to give feedback on Yammer and the Wiki
To be discussed next week
- Actionable items- what can we do and how to break it down to get things done
Moderators and Adopters
- Conversation in the call:
Community Council Report
Items to pose to Community Council
New Agenda Items
- This page was last modified on 10 April 2014, at 22:43.
- This page has been accessed 224 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More