FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 11 July 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 7770), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2013), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting you wish to review.
Kudos go to ...
- There is a team of missionaries in the JSMB who has been helping Wilma with various things, Joy and Bo, Claudia Heaston, Jeff & Kathy Stevens. Thank you!!
- Janell, kind leader
Moderators and Adopters
We are looking forward to your feedback on how things are going as well as:
- hints or tips you have to share that may benefit other moderators or adopters
- ways to resolve problems that arise
- areas that you may need assistance
Conversation in the call
Jamie and Rorie are here as moderators (Jamie is also part of an adoption group too)
- Jamie - As a new moderator, it would have been nice to have someone tell me what I needed to do as a moderator
- Jamie - Started off contacting everyone who did anything on the county pages, they were all missionaries, so they weren't available to become a group.
- Rorie - has herself and a committee of 3 others. They are so busy they haven't been able to do much. Lots of people tend to express interest, but when you write them back they don't follow up.
- Jamie - lots of people simply don't know what to do. I started because I really wanted to do it. Went to RootsTech, attended classes, looked at code on different pages, just got started. Some people aren't willing to put that much time into it because there wasn't structured training.
- Rorie has been working on getting pages created from the Wanted Pages in Idaho.
- Moderators need more guidance on how to help:
- Find new contributors
There needs to be a different form for sign-ups!
- Determine what needs to be done
- Engage contributors, give them something specific to do
- Follow up, checking that it was done well, giving guidance
- How Moderators, Project Leaders, and Adopters can work together
- Find new contributors
Questions submitted by Adopters:
"Would like more specifics about SEO ideas/guidelines for the wiki."
~Ran out of time, postponed until August meeting
Updates and follow up
Community Council Report
New Agenda Items
- This page was last modified on 12 November 2013, at 16:19.
- This page has been accessed 481 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News