FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 21 February 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 7770), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2013), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting you wish to review.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- The page for discussions from this meeting that are unresolved is Community Discussions and Proposals.
- Links to FamilySearch databases and digitized books. Can Wiki be forced to open a new tab. Steve looked at creating a template but it is more complicated than we thought. Links are not persistent links.
- SEO testing is still ongoing. Nathan is getting necessary information for comparisons.
Community Council Report
Rootstech breakfast - 7:15 AM at Family History Library (back door, third floor break room). Thursday, March 21st. Details will be posted.
New Agenda Items
Priority items for this meeting:
- News and Events
- Other channels, blogs, Facebook better as sources
- Council decided that the wiki should direct users to these better sources rather than add "news" content directly in the wiki
- Next steps - recommend change to wiki policy and advise others via the FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting
- Goal for this item: Remove the "News" box from locality pages, since they are not usually maintained and links would better serve the public.
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Danielle could talk to Marilyn Markham about taking out the News & Events sections on the locality pages, by missionaries. They would have to know how to manage the templates.
- Steve Cottrell could use the "replace text" function to expedite this process, especially for blank boxes.
- Per David Dilts, this could be complicated.
- Charles can check with foreign wiki managers to see if this would be a problem for them.
- Danielle will talk to GSWAC and report back on their position on this change.
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date: 28 Feb. 2013
- This page was last modified on 12 November 2013, at 16:39.
- This page has been accessed 629 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More