FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 22 August 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 7770), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2013), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting you wish to review.
Kudos go to
Moderators and Adopters
Conversation in the call:
Updates and follow up
Community Council Report
- LDS Tech Conference
- See the Conference site for details. October 17-18 - both live attendance and streaming.
New Agenda Items
- Reviewing a Washington county page for suggestions:
- FamilySearch Centers instead of Family History Centers. Janell told us that FamilySearch is the overarching term. She will change the name of the "Introduction to Family History Centers" page.
- Janell suggested I contact Jane and Nathan about what they worked on for the county pages
- Other concepts: changed the term "Repositories"
- Quick start is a link rather than pulling it out of contents. Larger fonts. Also, add the word County. Link to Lee's sandbox User:Ldrew/Sandbox
- Move the Digital Collections to the right, since they are statewide.
- County overview, instead of Historical Facts. OK'd by the group. Also did not get confused with History area.
- Topics rather than Resources, to match the topic list on the state pages.
- Land and property and cemetery are two that may need some highlighting what they will likely find, and "Don't Miss the Clues" Wilma will put one in for next meeting so people can comment.
- People from all levels will be coming to these pages. What are some methods we could use to get started on the path without explaining how to research on every county page.
- Yammer and Google Plus groups. Deciding which we would like to use as a community discussion tool until FamilySearch decides long term as a replacement for forums. Google Plus
- Reorganization: Reference areas are not able to work on the Wiki. Other consultants have been pulled off to serve Family History Consultants and Centers. One group will have responsibility over community, but still trying to figure things out.
- The makeup of people working on the wiki is changing. Find ways to understand how people are using the pages.
- Kathryn and Wilma are to get together about some usability testing.
- Testing on consultants as well.
- This page was last modified on 12 November 2013, at 16:17.
- This page has been accessed 452 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More