FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 3 Apr 2012Edit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266  1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays

  • You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
  • Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.

Purpose of the meeting

Improve the Wiki

  • Forge solutions with other community contributors.
  • Share best practices, ideas, and content.
  • Discuss current issues, community matters, and strategies.
  • Move issues to decision.



Introduce new members

  • .

Kudos go to ...

  • Jane & Nathan for Widgets

Updates and follow up

  • Widgets, see examples.
  • We need to add a link to the Community News page and the Forums.  Bring up this topic in tomorrow's Research team  meeting and see if it should be moved to the FamilySearch Widgetbox platform.  Is it ok to have it on Jane's network for access by societies, etc.?
  • Create a Wiki page that talks about the widget, showing a screen print and the link to access it, how to use it.
  • For the Blog, a screenshot that links to the widget could be added. (Jimmy Zimmerman, contact).
  • Can be coded to show specific localities.
  • Lee Drew will check on code to add it to a Facebook page.
  • Darris will check to get permission for FamilySearch logo for the widget.
  • Widget can be tweeted.
  • Jamie Mayhew will contact Thomas McIntee about a press release after Wiki page is created? - Nathan with Lise as advisor on how the page is formatted.
  • Different types of widgets - Jane will experiment with that.  This creates a problem with the number of widgets we can have in the account.  This is something to look at in the future.

Business/Announcements

  • The engineers made some changes to the Wiki this morning. We are now back using the old FCK editor. Feel free to contact Support should you need any help.
  • Also, going forward, site notices will be dismissable. Once you have viewed it, there will be a "Dismiss" link on the right if you do not want to have it show up continually.
  • There should be a new Wikitext editor available.  You can set it up in your preferences.

Moderators and Adopters

First meeting of the month focus


Style Guide Discussions


Project Help Requests

Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:

Training Requests


Improve the Wiki

  • Consider change to "Community" label for the menu on the right - what do you think about "Editing in the Wiki"? Other ideas? -- janellv (talk| contribs) 18:34, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
  • Suggestion: Working in the Wiki; Contributors' Community; Things to do; Wiki Workers; Wiki Writers;Community Volunteers; Wiki Neighborhood
  • Vote next week - talk to researchers this week and ask what they would expect to see when  looking for help

Forums Overview

Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
Current forum threads of interest:


Polls


New since last week

Comments added since last week

Decisions made since last week




Be bold! Post your agenda items!

Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to discuss during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post them on the discussion page and link to them from the agenda.


  • This page was last modified on 3 April 2012, at 20:13.
  • This page has been accessed 325 times.