FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 3 October 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 7770), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2011), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting.
Kudos go to
Moderators and Adopters
- Moderator Form:
Add: If so, what has been your experience?
- Welcome! Feedback/questions from moderators or adopters on the call:
- The ability of allowing users to delete pages - A great effort has taken place to understand the need to delete pages for those on the User Guidance team. These are the basic reasons:
· The title has changed multiple times so it has become confusing to the users
· The article was created in error
· Two collections have been combined so the article has been combined with another article
· The article is a duplicate with only a slightly different title and it causes a problem with the links to the collection
This request will be forwarded to the Community Council to come up with the best policy/plan going forward.
Updates and follow up
- Reminder: Requests or decisions that involve changes to policy, procedures, etc. will be forwarded to the Community Council for review.
- Google has changed analytics. How does this effect the Wiki pages? Is a part of the discussion.
- LDS Tech Conference Registration
- Meeting Place no longer allows Guests to have the system call them.
Community Council Report
Items to pose to Community Council
Now that there are no forums, how do those who adopt a page monitor changes in the Wiki policy, guidelines, etc? This question will be forwarded to the Council this week.
New Agenda Items
- This page was last modified on 12 November 2013, at 16:03.
- This page has been accessed 226 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More