FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 8 May 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
Stub - definition, placement
- Wiki will go on phones on May 15th.
Moderators and Adopters
- Judy did add information to the Moderators page.
Style Guide Discussions
- Home Page:
- Replacement of "community" in nav bar.
- Put Style guide under Principles and Policies?
- We need a review of what could be eliminated so the list won't be too long. Dispense with Community Meetings and News? Meetings probably needs to remain. Also remove Research Forums and put under a Research section.
- Personal Preferences - have a box that would allow the whole navbox? or an "Expand All" link above "Community" - Priority for engineers?
- Could we have "my quick links" in the Wiki? (Ancestry) Put favorites on personal page or a sandbox as an option, or add to our Watch list.
- Both of the above have been put on the Priority list.
- Have Nathan look at statistics to see how many people exit the Wiki to the Forums. That might not be possible, but would be nice.
Project Help Requests
- Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:
- Email on sample page is a real one, to be used for US Society projects. Nathan will check on a user account for this.
Improve the Wiki
- Family History Center pages - we are still looking at developing the Wiki pages. Jane is working on a training program for researching on the Wiki, for the Centers.
- FamilySearch Guidelines to Moderator Retention has been created by James Tanner.
- Respond on the Discussion page.
- New Thread on Forums regarding this subject.
- Sally is working on a new demo on searching the Wiki - Tips & Tricks. Search strategies to find good articles in the Wiki for Researchers. She needs our input.
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week
- This page was last modified on 9 May 2012, at 20:05.
- This page has been accessed 439 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News