FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 5 October 2010Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Listen to the recording, the ID is 3384
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to whoever got the double sign in issue fixed. It wasn't a show-stopper kind of problem, but it is sure nice to have it fixed! Lise 00:41, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed. It's working great. --Steve 19:51, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
- For note only this week: The discussion about Navboxes is underway in the wiki and in a forum thread. The outcomes will be discussed next week. It would be useful to hear the views of many people even if you just note your agreement or support for a different solution. --Steve 19:58, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
From the Community
- In the Community meeting two or three weeks ago, we briefly discussed the use of the title/term "Record Selection Table" in context of the nav boxes. At that time, several community members expressed a strong preference for "Getting Started" or "Introduction." Since nav boxes are being added and wiki articles being created using "Record Selection Table," it's time to formalize the preferred phrase. Please provide comments in the applicable forum thread. Lise 20:22, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
No exit from User's Preference Page
I switched to new skin so I can check the appearances of certain pages and templates. And to my astonishment, there's no link anywhere in the user's preference page to exit to get into any other pages, not even as much as a single box to do any search of any page. The exit does exist in Classic skin. I went through 3 times to be sure and don't seem to find such exit. Dsammy 09:02, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- Might as well say good bye to your own preferences once you change even one item, they all go to default settings. I haven't been able to get my user preferences restored to what it was before Monday. I followed everything for clean out cache, reloads, etc. Nothing work. Dsammy 17:25, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
Be advised a thread was started in the forums - thread 4180 "Missing borders on tables" concerned missing borders and now it is impacting the readability, columns overlapping and despite the directive to change old FHLC urls to FHL templates, we can't do it without demolishing the tables further already ruined by the engineers. Check New York Census page. Consider there's at least 50 USA's states with this problem now. We want Classic Wiki skin back! I was reading in Feedback concerning some aspects of the Wiki - they are saying pretty much same about the new skin. Dsammy 17:25, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
From FamilySearch Staff
- This page was last modified on 10 March 2012, at 14:06.
- This page has been accessed 485 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More