FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Alberta Tasks - Locate Broken LinksEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WikiProject Alberta Wiki Project Alberta Tasks – Locate Broken Links
The purpose of this task is to find any broken links on Alberta Province topic pages.
This task is beginner task and requires basic experience with opening, reading, and reporting about linked websites.
New to the wiki?
Questions about editing this project?
You may wish to print these instructions before you begin editing.
- Go to the top right-hand corner of the page within the the white area.
- Locate the word Print or the icon of a printer. Click on the icon.
1. Check the Assignment Chart below to choose an Alberta topic to edit.
2. Sign up on the Assignment Chart to accept the task. Sign-up instructions are posted with the Assignment Chart.
3. For each topic page:
- a. Read the page and click on all blue links.
- b. Confirm that each link goes to the correct website.
- c. If the link does not go to the correct website, send an e-mail to the project director and report the broken link(s).
- d. E-mail for broken links: HardestyPN@familysearch.org
4. Mark the Assignment Chart to indicate you have finished the task.
If you are accepting this task:
- 1. Sign in to the wiki at the upper right-hand corner of this page. Use your FamilySearch account username and password.
- 2. Open the Assignment Chart for editing by clicking on the check mark in the box at the right opposite the Assignment Table heading.
- 3. Place your cursor in the box under the heading Name/Date Task Accepted and opposite your topic of choice.
- 4. Not all topics are included in the chart below. If your topic is not listed, this task is not yet ready for editing.
- 5. Type 4 tildes (~). This symbol is located on the upper left-hand part of your keyboard, next to the number 1. The ~~~~ is an electronic signature and will leave your user name and date when you signed.
- 6. Scroll nearly to the bottom of the page. Add a summary sentence in the Summary box saying something like, "Selected Census."
- 7. Click on the box "Save Page".
- 8. You are now signed up to complete this task.
If you are completing this task:
- Follow the same instructions as accepting the task, except place your cursor in the correct topic box under the heading Date Completedand type the date. Then change your summary sentence to something like, "Completed Census."
|Topic||Name/Date Task Accepted||Date Completed|
|Land and Property Records||
|Probate Records|| pnh 20:58, 29 March 2013 (UTC)
|| 29 Mar 2013|
- This page was last modified on 29 March 2013, at 22:29.
- This page has been accessed 470 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News