FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Apr 4Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- 1940 Census Help UGA's project with FamilySearch Indexing
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain). 19 April topic: 1940 census with Tom McGill, FamilySearch
- Saturday, June 9th, a Family History Fair will be held in Murray. Sponsored by FamilySearch? Details will follow.
- BYU July31- Aug 3, BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- Cedar City (August 18th) and Sandy (September 21 and 22) UGA Regional Conferences
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 28 Mar
- Photo info page no real progress since last week
- Icons for tips: Decision to have a similar - but more colorful icon and indent tip information (No further progress)
- Newspapers "blurb": Let's make a decision this week
- Chronicling America page created by James Tanner.
- Newspapers task: did create a few templates. Did not get with Liz about writing the task
Tasks to finish writing this week
- What will be our process when we see that someone else has already entered something under Newspapers on a county page?
- Finalize the content and style for the Newspapers topics
Tasks we need to get going on
We need to get these ready so we can make the task
- What order shall we do them in: greatest need for users or quickest to write?
- Or a combination of both.
Decided: we will add our votes to each one by Monday p.m.
Needing much discussion:
- Vital records (WA: 1) (JS:1)
- Cemetery records WA: 2) (JS:2)
- Church records (WA: 4) (JS:3)
- Libraries (WA: 3) (JS:4)
Do examples, get approval (may be quicker)
- Funeral home records (WA: 4) (JS:4)
- Land and property (WA: 3) (JS:2)
- Probate (WA: 1) (JS:1)
- Court (WA: 2) (JS:3)
[JS: By the way, are divorice records going to be part of vital records or court records?]
Libraries Discussion, con't
Yet to be addressed:
- List only libraries that have collections - or list others as well
- Link to Utah Archives and Libraries page from each county
- Format for gathering information - not yet decided
- Pictures of Libraries would be helpful
Summary of decisions to this point in the conversation
- Bullets used with text of "four"or less items
- Headings used for "five" or more items with only pertinent explanations
- Indented text tip with small icon - icon yet to be determined
- No extra lines between bullets will be used - keep text together
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- To be determined by the group
To discuss soon:
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records
- Funeral home records
- Land and property
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.
- This page was last modified on 4 April 2012, at 19:58.
- This page has been accessed 891 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News