FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 December 5Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
Meeting Participants: James had surgery Monday. Hope you're doing well, James!
- Problem with the CSS - grid lines in tables still don't show. Are we giving up hope?
News and Events
- No UGA virtual chapter meeting in December
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 28 Nov
- Cemetery Records progress:
- Thanks, Liz, for your ideas and hard work.
- Some discussion items re:Cemeteries
- LDS Church records Phase 1 is well underway. Kudos to Jeff and Cathy Stevens, Elizabeth Kesler, Garreth (Bo) and Joy Bogar.
- Phase 1a -- doing the stakes. This will be taught to missionaries Tuesday at 8:30 a.m.
- Need suggestions from this group:
- Task to add timelines from Jensen's: Marty and Bo will focus on Salt Lake City, Provo, Orem, St. George, Logan, Bountiful, Odgen to start.
- Beginner's corner:
- Joy and Jana talked about image approval. Joy will personally do those Jana contacts her about.
- MurphyNW@familysearch.org -- he's a good one to contact about the beginners' corner. Shall I pave the way?
- Gallery of images: Joy and I talked about this. Need a process, so others can submit images of the various counties and we won't have to maintain it. (More discussion in Nov 21 meeting. Get with Joy about those suggestions.)
- Review citation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat did this several weeks ago, but we didn't view it. Thanks Pat!
- Pat needs a stillbirth from 1942-1960
From last meeting:
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States; United States, How to Find Genealogy Records:
- James linked each of the articles back to the How to find Genealogy Records page.
- Points out huge gaps - such as early immigrants, etc. Showing mostly UK roots rather than other
- It is a great page to keep gathering articles, perhaps to organize sections not just rely on page names.
- As anyone writes an article, they should add it to the list.
- Suggest a topic for wiki articles
From previous meetings (no progress):
- Do the county newspaper pages: Wilma is learning how to extract the URL so we can make it go right to the correct area of Chronicling America - Wilma
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in last meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, and others with large compilations..
- Maps follow-up: Marilyn will check with Jason Harrison and David Dilts for what they are doing. Results:
- Suggestion from last meeting not yet implemented: Newberry atlas of historical county boundaries.
- Oldmapsonline.org draw a square around the area; USGS.gov maps digitizing them
- FHLC links. To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them. Wilma:
- Value and frequency of FHLC links - topic of a near future meeting.
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
Most important (county) discussions remaining: (prioritized in last week's meeting)
Minimum information for each topic:
- Per project leaders meeting (Oct 23) and group meeting (Oct 31)
- Blurb giving value and scope of the records
- FHLC link
- Link to the Utah page for that topic
- Links to Ancestry.com and FS Historical Records collections Done by Jana early Nov.
"Boots on the ground" person or group to maintain, update, add to each county.
- Ideas per group meeting Oct 31
- UGA Patsy can get zips of UGA members and contact for their interest
- FHCs in area - do they know someone they can suggest?
- Libraries in area
- ULA - Pat can email everyone asking for help
We are aiming at 19 December 2012 as completing what will be done as a project.
- This page was last modified on 5 December 2012, at 15:41.
- This page has been accessed 468 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More