FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Feb 8Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
First, get well wishes go to Marilyn Markham, one of the project leaders. She is in a rehab facility as the result of a fall about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
Anyone new to this meeting?
- Joy Bogar. She has been experimenting with the table at the top of the page and many other "little" things that add up to a lot.
- Lois Fowles. She has been using spare time she did not have to put FHL links into several counties.
- All of you who are attending--both for the first time, and those who have been to most meetings (Liz, thank you!)
News and Events
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain)
- South Davis Family History Fair, March 2nd and 3rd. Scoll to bottom of the page to register.
Review of last meeting
- Feb 1 minutes
- Finish discussion about top of county pages
- Finalize the catalog links area so a task can be created
- Colored labels for sections
- Provide context: example: a beginner selects "Birth" from the top table, then selects "Census" to see how censuses help with births.
- Brainstorm: What do we need to say in the census area, to help that person understand?
- Put a table or something visual
- Can they be told more visually than in words?
- Blown up little section of a census -- visually understand.
- Or as a separate page to show what is in different censuses
- Graphic off to the right, words to add to understanding
- "Example:" Horizontally, highlight the age and birth place highlighted
- Point to not just births in value of census
- If it is too long, do a More or Click here to a separate page
- Keep the main page clean, but tell me what else I can glean from the census (click to it)
- Don't load down the page, refer to other pages (keep it clean)
- Don't overwhelm, and don't overlink don't require them to link link link
- Describe the link to the deeper explanations for birth
- Have a list of what might be in diff censuses: be sure to read the headings of the census -- clues!
- Where were the parents born, etc. etc.
- Tip Bank:
- What do you think of the idea?
- Brainstorm tips and how they look
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Project to post the top table on each county
- Project to post FHL and ACPL catalog links to each appropriate topic in each county
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.
To discuss soon:
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records
- This page was last modified on 15 February 2012, at 21:53.
- This page has been accessed 777 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News