FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 June 20Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- June 16 (Saturday) How was the trip?
- Very interesting for Utah history.
- June 21 (Tomorrow!) Supercharge Your Research: Cut Ten Years off Your Learning Curve presented by Barry Ewell. This is the UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 6 June
- Review the revised Table at top by Jana, Liz, Wilma
- Tip icon What do you think? Tip icon also used in neighboring counties - always, or for every 4th or so county?
- Decision: none in neighboring counties because several topics link to neighboring counties anyway.
- DO put the parent counties tip in every county
- Decided to change color of bar to green
- Obituaries task description written and the task accomplished already by Liz, Jana, Lois, and Elizabeth Kesler (who is new to the project).
- Karen Coombs has expressed interest in helping. She has been on vacation, so we will be in contact again soon.
- Liz reviewed the table with 20-25 people at her Family History Center: OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of the table and having it and the picture at the top.
- Some fckeditor problems were encountered, which especially affected the entire Carbon County page. May have something to do with editing tables.
- The fckeditor also is putting in headings when we "show preview". It makes it so the heading is not searchable.
Topics that may need less discussion: Leader/assistants do examples, get suggestions and approval.
Future "quick" tasks to write:
- Cemetery records : Next week, we'll have samples for decision in meeting
- (Jana volunteered to start Probate and Land)
- Land and property
- Funeral home records
Vital records (BMD, Div)
Birth in bulleted style Suggest resources, review for dates and content. Dates used:
- Before 1847 (year white settlers came to are that became Utah Territory)
- 1847-1856 (year of county formation)
- 1856-1897 (County existed, not civil vital records)
- 1897-present (civil then state vital records)
Discussion summary: (remembered 1 week later)
- before 1847 dates:unnecessary.
- Before 1897: mixed opinions
- 1897-present: not discussed
Meeting adjourned early. Discussion to be continued.
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank
- This page was last modified on 27 June 2012, at 15:11.
- This page has been accessed 576 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More