FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 June 6Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- June 9 (Saturday) Murray Family History Fair Saturday, June 9th. Click on Classes.
- June 16 (Today is the deadline to register) Mormon History Bus Tours of Echo Canyon and of East Canyon.
- June 21 Supercharge Your Research: Cut Ten Years off Your Learning Curve presented by Barry Ewell. This is the UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
- 1940 Census Help UGA's project with FamilySearch Indexing.
- There is a new subforum for Wiki Projects. Do we want to use it? If so, ideas for what to include?
- Some people may discover through the forums. another place to check, to keep up with. Has to monitor it, etc. Can we identify that forum, and tell them to go to the project page. Just one or two threads that redirects them. Things they can do. The forums may not be getting much traffic. Frustrating to use. Perhaps post a thread or two -- mostly to redirect people.
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 30 May
- Tip icon I was assigned to ask Steve to give us a few options, including color of the bar. Not done.
- Obituaries task description totally ready and tested by Liz (Jana wrote it).
- Karen Coombs from Vernal has expressed interest in helping, but is going on vacation until June 17.
- Patsy will make meeting recordings reviewable by public.
- Review the revised Table at top by Jana, Liz, Wilma
Topics that may need less discussion: Leader/assistants do examples, get suggestions and approval: Liz and Jana have volunteered to be assistants.
Future "quick" tasks to write:
- Land and property
- Funeral home records
Vital records (BMD, Div)
Birth in bulleted style Suggest resources, review for dates and content.
How ready are we to create a task description for birth?
Summary of minutes:
- liked explanations offset from dates
- Format was focus
- next meeting review dates that were used -- approve, get more sources.
- Decided on small table and to keep it above Table of Contents
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank
- This page was last modified on 20 June 2012, at 15:22.
- This page has been accessed 692 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News