FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Mar 21Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
- UGA Virtual Chapter, every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain). 19 April topic: 1940 census with Tom McGill, FamilySearch
- Saturday, June 9th, a Family History Fair will be held in Murray. Sponsored by FamilySearch? Details will follow.
- July 31- Aug 3 BYU Family History
- Saturday, August 18th UGA Regional Conference in Cedar City. Sponsored by Cedar City Chapter, UGA
- Friday and Saturday, September 21 and 22, UGA Regional Conference, Larry H. Miller Campus of Salt Lake Community College
Review of last meeting
- FamilySearch Library Catalog links completed this week: Lois completed the task. Kudos, Lois! This was a long, tedious task.
- Task for updating dates in the top chart: Thanks also to Liz Snow, who completed documenting the dates. Some questions were raised, which will be discussed as first topic today.
- Photo info page UGA is willing to give even one UGA membership PER COUNTY! Do we need that many prizes, with attribution?
- Joy made great progress on the "specs" and requirements for the photos.
- To DO: 1) fill in UGA prizes; 2) wordsmith: Review, get ready to post.
- Newspapers section updated from Mar 14, ready for more of your ideas
- Libraries: Made minimal progress on it this week
- Tips look and feel. Joy put together a few so we could see what they might look like in an actual county.
Starting/Ending Dates in top table
- Red Book shows county records only, with ending dates when state records began. What should our top table show?
- Would users be helped more by including both state and county level in the top chart, or only including county level?
- Or should that be explained under the topic, leaving the top table more simple?
Tasks to write this week
Libraries Discussion, con't
- Create a format page for gathering information about Utah libraries and their colletions: first focus - local (rural areas) libraries?
- What do we put in the "Libraries" area of each county: View Albany County, NY example
- List every possible library?
- List only those which may have a dedicated room or collection? (And let people work with them to fill in the form as they wish?)
Summary of decisions to this point in the conversation
- Don’t want long lists of anything, including libraries, unless it’s a complied list on another page
- Link to Utah Archives and Libraries page from each county
- We will use a format for gathering information. Format not yet decided.
- Pages created to link to Libraries and museums – so they can be used over and over
- Pictures of Libraries would be helpful
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- To be determined by the group
To discuss soon:
- Provide context continued
- Tip Bank continued.
- Vital records setup: making ready for items to be entered
- Cemetery records
- Church records
- This page was last modified on 28 March 2012, at 14:05.
- This page has been accessed 807 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More