FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 May 30Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
Meeting Participants: James, Jana, Wilma, Liz, Patsy, Marilyn, Pat
Table at top
Discussed in yesterday's "big" meeting with that group. Most wanted the information from the complete table. At least one is concerned about it growing and hiding the [table of] contents.
We decided to keep the data. Jana, Wilma, and Liz will confer and bring another "hybrid" to next meeting.
James Tanner had to leave early.
News and Events
- June 9 (Saturday) Murray Family History Fair Saturday, June 9th. Click on Classes.
- June 16 (Saturday) Mormon History Bus Tours of Echo Canyon and of East Canyon.
- June 21 Supercharge Your Research: Cut Ten Years off Your Learning Curve presented by Barry Ewell. This is the UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
- 1940 Census Help UGA's project with FamilySearch Indexing.
- Creation of Utah Wiki Project Forum (date to be announced- but soon Forums were changed yesterday -- there is a thread for Wiki Projects. There is a new subforum. Put up a page in the wiki and thread in forums.
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 23 May
- Tip icon template review: Steve dropped the table border.
- From discussion: Make the bar at left much narrower. Allow us to choose its color.
- Suggestion of having the bar as part of the icon itself.
- Wilma will ask Steve for the narrower bar, letting us make color selection.
- Newspapers: Wilma has not completed the county pages. Will review with Jana and Liz and report next week.
- Obituaries task description has been completed by Jana. (Learned how to do templates and much more.) Way to go, Jana! Liz and Wilma will test.
- Another person has expressed interest in helping. We will contact her and see what support she needs. Perhaps she can do the Obituaries task.
- Wilma and Patsy will make it so other people can review recordings of the meetings.
Topics that may need less discussion: Leader/assistants do examples, get suggestions and approval: Liz and Jana have volunteered to be assistants.
Future "quick" tasks (now that Obituaries are almost ready):
- Land and property
- Funeral home records
Vital records (BMD, Div)
- Continue discussion of charts vs. bullets: View some examples Wilma did in Word (for Pulaski County, KY. Why? Jana had a great example that gives many conversation points. Focus is NOT on that county, but on:
- Chart vs. bullet
- Types of resources (state or county only) (Linking to details and search tips?)
- Length whether bullet or chart (when to do a separate page)
Discussion minutes: None made during discussion
Summary of minutes:
- Bullet style was selected. Jana, Wilma, Liz will have something to review next week for 1) dates and 2) content under dates
- For a particular year, list resources for that topic (birth). If list other resources, such as for Death, do not list them. Link them instead to Death for that county.
- When listing non-birth resources, tell the user what birth information they may learn
- Link to state page under each topic rather than listing several state-level sources under each county.
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank
- This page was last modified on 6 June 2012, at 15:15.
- This page has been accessed 843 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News