FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 November 14Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
Meeting Participants: Marilyn is back! Liz's Dad is ill, she's gone to St. George.
- Problem with the CSS - grid lines in tables still don't show. It is fixed, but won't be implemented until the next release. No idea when that will be, but there is some hope.
- Grapevine: a committee is [being?] formed to standardize all state pages. Don't know if this affects county pages.
- nice to have uniform, but it's a wiki. It may never happen.
- we want some autonomy as a project
- concerned with our experimentation with the beginners corner
- Wiki home page suggestions
News and Events
- November 15, 2012 The Basics of DNA Testing for Genealogy with Diahan Southard, Molecular Genealogist. UGA virtual meeting, 3rd Thursday each month.
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 7 Nov
- Cemetery Records progress:
- The table was simplified for adding/editing, templates for beg and end of the table.
- Ready to move to the counties? Liz and group: Suggestions made on the experimental county page
- LDS Church records table: Wilma has put it on 2 counties: Beaver, Box Elder
- Show the situation, get counsel from group : some ideas given, Wilma will work more with this.
- Task to adapt the "pattern" for each LDS community: Wilma created templates for generic sections of the pattern page. Marty, Joy, and Lois have not yet been trained.
- Task to add timelines from Jensen's mostly prepared: Marty and Bo have not yet been trained.
- Is Tracing LDS Ancestors from area of counties OK? Approved
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in last meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, and others with large compilations.
- Patriarchal Blessings: perhaps part of birth page? Has names of parents, etc. and some can only find those from this index. Hancock County, IL as well. He will link to Tracing LDs
- Maps follow-up: Marilyn will check with Jason Harrison and David Dilts for what they are doing. Results:
- Suggestion from last meeting not yet implemented: Newberry atlas of historical county boundaries.
- Oldmapsonline.org draw a square around the area; USGS.gov maps digitizing them
- Beginner's corner. viewed samples for Jana to show in Thursday meeting.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimizer) Beaver County, Utah : Today, Wilma will create the template, which can be adjusted later.
- Libraries: such minor progress, not worth mentioning in meeting.
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States; United States, How to Find Genealogy Records: James if he is on the call:
From previous meetings (no progress):
- FHLC links. To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them. Wilma:
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat Done!
- Pat needs a stillbirth from 1942-1960
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
- Value and frequency of FHLC links - topic of a near future meeting.
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
Most important (county) discussions remaining: (prioritized in last week's meeting)
Minimum information for each topic:
- Per project leaders meeting (Oct 23) and group meeting (Oct 31)
- Blurb giving value and scope of the records
- FHLC link
- Link to the Utah page for that topic
- Links to Ancestry.com and FS Historical Records collections Done by Jana early Nov.
"Boots on the ground" person or group to maintain, update, add to each county.
- Ideas per group meeting Oct 31
- UGA Patsy can get zips of UGA members and contact for their interest
- FHCs in area - do they know someone they can suggest?
- Libraries in area
- ULA - Pat can email everyone asking for help
We are aiming at 19 December 2012 as completing what will be done as a project.
- This page was last modified on 7 June 2013, at 23:44.
- This page has been accessed 969 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News