FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 November 6Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
Meeting Participants: James is traveling and may not be able to join us today. Marilyn is still ill.
- Problem with the CSS - grid lines in tables still don't show. It is fixed, but won't be implemented until the next release. No idea when that will be, but there is some hope.
News and Events
- November 15, 2012 The Basics of DNA Testing for Genealogy with Diahan Southard, Molecular Genealogist. UGA virtual meeting, 3rd Thursday each month.
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 31 Oct
- Birth task finished. (Liz and Wilma).
- Lois finished changing headings and links in the counties from "Church Records" to "Churches and Religious Groups"
- We don't want to change headings very often, as they are often linked to from other areas.
- Links to Utah items on Ancestry.com: Jana started and finished this!
- Get Cemetery Records area ready for discussion (thanks Liz)
Major Digital Collections
- Major Digital Collections banner and page added.
- LDS Church records table: Wilma will put it on 4 counties: Beaver, Box Elder, Cache, Carbon. Marilyn's missionaries will do the others?
- Tasks to adapt the shells for each LDS community: Marty, Joy, and Lois. Wilma will train by next week.
- Task to add timelines from Jensen's: Marty and Bo.
- Pat will contemplate links to Tracing LDS Ancestors from area of counties:
- Decision? County and Utah
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in last meeting:
- Decision? Ogden stake (26 vols), Davis county (9 vol), Don't want to recreate the FHLC. Just
- Patriarchal Blessings suggestion from last meeting - link to index from Utah page. Perhaps under church records, perhaps part of birth page. Has names of parents, etc. and some can only find those from this index. Hancock County, IL as well.
- Was this resolved last week? Should be on Tracing LDS Ancestors. Record is not restricted
- Maps follow-up: Marilyn will check with Jason Harrison and David Dilts for what they are doing. Results: Newberry atlas of historical county boundaries.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimizer) Beaver County, Utah
- Today: finalize enough so we can put it in a template and add/adapt to every county.
- Libraries: such minor progress, not worth mentioning in meeting.
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States; United States, How to Find Genealogy Records: James if he is on the call:
From previous meetings (no progress):
- FHLC links. To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them. Wilma:
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
- Value and frequency of FHLC links - topic of a near future meeting.
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
Most important (county) discussions remaining: (prioritized in last week's meeting)
Minimum information for each topic:
- Per project leaders meeting (Oct 23) and group meeting (Oct 31)
- Blurb giving value and scope of the records
- FHLC link
- Link to the Utah page for that topic
- Links to Ancestry.com and FS Historical Records collections Done by Jana early Nov.
"Boots on the ground" person or group to maintain, update, add to each county.
- Ideas per group meeting Oct 31
- UGA Patsy can get zips of UGA members and contact for their interest
- FHCs in area - do they know someone they can suggest?
- Libraries in area
- ULA - Pat can email everyone asking for help
We are aiming at 19 December 2012 as completing what will be done as a project.
- This page was last modified on 7 November 2012, at 16:54.
- This page has been accessed 729 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News