FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2013 January 9Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
Meeting Participants: James is doing a little better. May join us. Patsy's father is not doing well. She is in Oregon with family. I did not send out a reminder about today's meeting, so others may have forgotten as well.
- Problem with the CSS - grid lines in tables: see what they are probably going to look like
News and Events
- Jan 17. 7 p.m. What's New in FamilySearch Family Tree Don R Anderson. UGA Virtual Chapter.
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Cemetery Records progress:
- Templates for the tables were causing problems. Changed to putting the full table on each county. If problems do arise, they will now be easier to fix.
- Liz was delayed seriously until this was done, yet has still finished through ___
- Notice the colors
- Cache County LDS Church records
- Check out Benson Stake!
- Last time Pat pointed out that the stake won't work for any wards or branches stopped before 1908, or organized after 1917.
- Soooo, an Excel file was created to compare all Utah church units in the Catalog with those included in our Wiki files.
- With the Catalog including up to 1948, there will be several that are added to our pages.
- It seems to happen every time a problem is brought up with LDS Church records, a new and better way of doing it emerges.
- Salt Lake City stakes This area is very unorganized right now. Pat talked with David Dilts, who has agreed to create clickable maps so people can click an area where their people lived and it will take them to the stake! Thanks Pat and David!
- Maps: Added OldMapsOnline.org link to Utah on the online collections page and Utah Maps.
- To do: county blurb with links to Utah Maps page.
- USGS.gov maps- keep or take off the page?
- Utah index of counties (from Newberry): put each county's link under History Timeline? or Maps?
- Extinct counties need to be added
- County online collections badges:
- Steps: Jana will prepare so others (Liz and I at least) can do it.
- Maintenance is a major concern. How would this be managed?
- Project end: We will adapt some of the tasks for the Ohio project so people will have something constructive to do. Wilma plans to be finished with her parts (see below) by March 31.
- Next meeting: February 6th
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States; United States, How to Find Genealogy Records (If James is back): More than halfway through with the Utah page.
- Utah Record Selection Table
- Wilma will focus soon on Library section, then Deaths, then Marriages.
- Beginner's corner? Probably nothing until early next year that the "state pages" team meets.
- Do the county newspaper pages: Wilma is learning how to extract the URL so we can make it go right to the correct area of Chronicling America - Wilma
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in a previous meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, Salt Lake? and others with large compilations. P 13 of printed version Utah Research Outline granite stake, Ogden Stake, 289.3?...
From previous meetings:
- Not a priority: Gallery of images: Joy and I talked about this. Need a process, so others can submit images of the various counties and we won't have to maintain it. (More discussion in Nov 21 meeting. Get with Joy about those suggestions.)
- FHLC links.
- To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them.
- Wording for other topics.
- This page was last modified on 9 January 2013, at 16:58.
- This page has been accessed 623 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News